The highest collegiate body of public self-government of the Odessa Polytechnic is the conference of the labor collective, including elected representatives from the number of students (hereinafter – the Conference).
The conference operates in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine "On Education", "On Higher Education" and the Statute of the University.
All categories of participants in the University's educational process are represented at the Conference, at least 75 percent of the Conference delegates are academic, scientific, pedagogical and pedagogical staff of the University, who work permanently at the University, not less than 15 percent – elective representatives from the number of students
The order of election and formation of the delegates of the Conference:
- all categories of participants in the University's educational process must be represented at the Conference, at least not less than 75 percent of the delegates of the Conference shall be academic, scientific-pedagogical and teaching staff of the University who work permanently at the University, not less than 15 percent – elected representatives from number of students;
- delegates from the number of scientific, scientific and pedagogical and pedagogical workers, as well as from the number of teaching and support staff are elected by the body of public self-government of the corresponding faculty or educational-scientific institute;
- delegates from among students are selected by students through direct secret elections;
- delegates from postgraduate and doctoral candidates are selected by postgraduate and doctoral students through direct secret elections;
- delegates of other categories are elected at the meetings of the labor collectives of the relevant departments;
- delegates are elected by a simple majority in the presence of not less than two thirds of the composition of the relevant body or subdivision;
- the terms of office of the delegates of the Conference – five years, the renewal of delegates instead of those who have made their powers, occurs at the end of each academic year in accordance with the established procedure;
- the election of the delegates of the Conference shall commence 30 calendar days before the expiration of the powers of the previous composition of the Conference.
The procedure for convening and taking decisions of the Conference:
- The conference is convened at least once a year;
- The conference is convened on the initiative of the Presidium of the Conference, the Academic Council, the Supervisory Board or two thirds of the general membership of the Conference delegates;
- The conference is deemed competent, if attended by two thirds of the total number of delegates;
- The Conference approves the agenda submitted for consideration by the delegates to the Conference Presidium, taking into account the proposals of the Academic Council, the Supervisory Board and the delegates of the Conference.
- decisions of the Conference are taken by a simple majority of the delegates present, usually by open vote.
Authority of the Conference:
- agrees, upon the submission of the Academic Council, the statute of the University or amendments (additions) to it;
- hears the annual report of the rector of the University and assesses his activity;
- elect a labor disputes commission in accordance with labor legislation;
- considering a reasoned submission of the Supervisory or Academic Council regarding the pre-term termination of the rector's powers;
- approves the rules of the internal order of the University and the collective agreement;
- considers other issues of the University.
- Conference Protocols